At One World International School, we strive to create a multicultural community filled with students from different backgrounds with varied interests, and we want to give all students the opportunity to be a part of the OWIS community. With this in mind, we have created several scholarship programmes that support students who have demonstrated academic excellence and to provide eligible families with financial assistance for their child’s education.
At OWIS, we intend to continue our scholarship programme for many years to come. We want to instil a love of learning in our students, and we want our students to understand that their hard work will be rewarded. We know that access to education is critical to becoming a lifelong learner and are confident that our scholars will be global citizens who make valuable contributions to society.
We have a limited number of scholarships available and encourage you to apply early to receive our merit or means-based scholarships.
We have multiple scholarships available for students which range from 10% to 80% of the annual tuition fees. These scholarships are available for one to two years, depending on the scholarship criteria for each scholarship. Students can apply for the following scholarships at OWIS:
Students in Primary and Secondary school with outstanding academic results and leadership skills are eligible for this scholarship.
Excellence in community service which has resulted in demonstrated positive change that can be attributed to the student's self initiated action, is considered for this scholarship
We take into consideration the family’s household income and demonstrated need through a financial assessment, before granting this scholarship to financially deserving students.
Fill out an application for scholarship on the OWIS website. Be prepared with all necessary documentation, as you will be required to submit evidence of academic and personal eligibility.
After you have completed your application, OWIS administrators and educators will personally review all scholarship applications.
OWIS carefully considers all candidates during the review process in order to ensure that the most qualified students receive the scholarship.
Once the review has been completed, students will be contacted if they have received a scholarship.
1. The School hereby covenants to provide the Student with the Scholarship Sum to be paid to the Parent / Guardian.
2. In consideration of the above Scholarships, the Student, with the approval of the Parent / Guardian, hereby covenants as follows:-
3. It is hereby further agreed that if the Student, in the sole opinion of the School:-
4. And it is hereby further agreed as follows:-
5. The Scholarship shall be automatically suspended on the occurrence of any of the events in clause 3 above and clause 10 below and the School shall be under no further obligation to provide the Scholarship Sum.
6. The Scholarship Sum amount cannot be deducted against or set-off against any outstanding fees.
7. The Parent / Guardian is required to mandatorily subscribe to the GIRO facility for payment of School fees. The Scholarship Sum, will be disbursed into the bank account of the Parent/Guardian, that is used for School fees GIRO deduction. The School fees shall not be paid by any other mode of payment except GIRO for recipients of Scholarship.
8. The Scholarship is non-assignable and non-transferable to any siblings or any other students.
9. The parent / Guardian has given true and factual representation of the gross family income.
10. The gross family income means combined income of the mother, father and income generating siblings who are staying with the family.
11. The Parent / Guardian confirms that he / she has submitted the latest income tax assessment documents for each and every income generating family member and that the annual gross family income for year 2020 will not exceed by more than 20% over income declared in IRAS tax assessment for the year 2019.
12. In the event where gross family income for the year 2020 or 2021 is likely to exceed by over 20% over the income declared in IRAS tax assessment for the year 2019, then the Parent / Guardian is required to inform the scholarship secretariat of the changes immediately to determine his / her continued eligibility under the Scholarship 2020 programme and changes in terms and conditions if any.
13. The Parent/ Guardian is required to submit their IRAS notice of assessment documents for the income year 2020 in order to receive the scholarship for the academic year August 2021 to July 2022.
14. If the School comes to know that the Scholarship has been obtained on the basis of wrongful documents and /or misleading or false information or suppressing the facts about gross family income for the year 2020 and 2021 exceeding the 2019 income by over 20%, the Scholarship will be terminated and any Scholarship Sums received by the Student towards the Scholarship shall be recoverable forthwith by the School from the Parent / Guardian who shall pay back to the School the Scholarship Sums disbursed by the School forthwith.
15. It is mandatory for the Parent / Guardian to submit documents evidencing Gross Family Income to the School for all Scholarships.
16. The Parent / Guardian is required to enter into this Deed accepting the terms and conditions herein. In the event the deed is not signed as applicable and delivered to the School, the Scholarship awarded by the School will be revoked.
17. The Parent / Guardian agrees and accepts that:
18. The criteria for the Scholarship and the decision made by the committee for granting the Scholarship is entirely at the discretion of the said committee. The decision of the aforesaid committee is final and no appeals will be allowed or entertained.
19. The School reserves the right to amend the Scholarship terms and conditions at any time.
20. This Deed shall be binding on the successors-in-title and assigns of the parties.
21. This Deed may be executed in any number of counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which taken together shall constitute one and the same Deed.
22. The parties hereto agree that this Deed shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and that the courts of Singapore shall have jurisdiction over any matter or dispute arising hereunder.
Get a feel of our friendly and warm school environment. Learn more about our teachers and our child-centred teaching methodology. Discover why our rigorous and holistic curriculum successfully prepares your child for secondary school and see how we raise internationally minded and confident lifelong learners.