At One World International School, we encourage our students from Early Childhood 3 to secondary school to register for our co-curricular activities. Co-curricular activities provide our students with additional opportunities, beyond the classroom, to cultivate their talents and explore passions they didn't know they had. Our after-school programme is an extension of what students are learning during the school day. We offer a variety of activities in art, music, drama and sports. Participating in co-curricular activities affords a host of benefits for your child:
- Higher Academic Achievement. Parents sometimes worry that participating in extracurricular activities will diminish the amount of time their children can spend on homework, but involvement in co-curricular activities can actually improve students' motivation and attitudes toward school.
- Real-World Skills. Besides gaining skills related to specific activities, such as sports, students learn a variety of essential skills that will help them thrive in all areas of life. Co-curricular activities allow students to build their skills in communication, goal-setting and prioritisation, leadership, critical thinking, teamwork, problem-solving and time-management, to name a few.
- New Perspectives. Exploring interests and passions in a structured setting outside the classroom can broaden students' perspectives and worldview, which is crucial in preparing them to become global leaders and innovators.
- Higher Self-Esteem. Getting involved in after school activities they are passionate about provides a sense of accomplishment that increases students' confidence. Children have the freedom to enjoy learning new skills without the pressure to achieve high grades. This relaxed environment can empower students to take risks as they take on new challenges.
- Socialisation. Taking part in our OWIS co-curricular activities programme enables students to connect with teachers and peers in an informal setting, giving them a sense of belonging and helping them find their place within our vibrant school community.
To know more about our co-curricular activities and how your child can be a part of them at OWIS, please get in touch with us.
For information on OWIS's Additional Language (English As an Additional Language: EAL) programme, that is designed to support students to master the English language, click here.