OWIS Frequently Asked Questions
At One World International School, our parents and students come first. We understand that making the right decision about your child's education is not something to be taken lightly. Allow us to assist by answering any questions you may have. We've compiled a list of queries that we hope you will find helpful as you consider what to look for in an international school. This page contains additional information about our admissions process, curriculum and co-curricular activities.
How can we Assist you
You will find answers to common SG education questions. If you can't find the information you're looking for, we invite you to complete our enquiry form and let us know how we can help.
- Are you able to accept or issue Student Visa’s?
- When does your academic year start?
- We will be relocating to Singapore mid-way through the academic year, is my child still eligible for admission at OWIS?
- Where are your teachers from?
- What is IBPYP?
- What makes IBPYP unique?
- What is IB authorisation and how does it impact the curriculum?
- What is inquiry?
- Why does OWIS choose the International Baccalaureate’s Primary Years Program (PYP)?
- Do students have to be tested to enter the OWIS PYP program?
- How has the IB PYP framework been created at OWIS?
- How is English taught at OWIS?
- How is Maths taught at OWIS?
- How is Science taught at OWIS?
- How do our Specialist Teachers work within the PYP framework?
- What language programs are offered at OWIS?
- What is Phase Learning?
- What is the difference between a POI and a UOI?
- What are Trans-disciplinary Themes?
- What is the IB Learner Profile?
- What are the IB attitudes?
- How are the IB attitudes and learner profile integrated into discipline and citizenship?
- How does IB positively impact our community/society?
- What is out of class learning?
- Do teachers receive training for the IB programme?
- How do teachers know they are meeting global standards?
- How do teachers grade inquiry?
- What is the Exhibition?
- How do I know what my child is learning?
- How can I support my child and his/her education?
- Is there more outside work required at a PYP school? Does my child need to learn at home everyday?
- What makes OWIS different from other PYP schools in Singapore?