At One World International School, we pride ourselves on the fact that our educators and administrators form a partnership with parents and guardians that leads to a strong support system for all of our students. We make communication with parents a top priority by using various types of technology to provide resources for our entire community-at-large.
At OWIS, we offer:
- A student handbook with detailed information about what is expected of both students and family members at OWIS.
- An academic calendar that includes important dates throughout the school year, such as exam dates, field trips, community events and holidays.
- Weekly school updates from the Head of School.
- Access to apps that allow parents to stay updated on their child’s progress.
Information for Parents
Our school provides students with a rigorous curriculum that prepares them for a future in the competitive global economy, while also giving students a personalised learning experience at OWIS. We focus on developing lifelong learners who are curious, passionate and empathetic. We use hands-on learning opportunities that focus on skill development to help students make their own discoveries, rather than forcing them to memorise facts and reiterate them back to us.
Our vibrant campus is filled with state-of-the-art facilities that enhance the learning experience and improve our students' quality of life while they are with us. From open-concept classrooms that facilitate discussion and encourage teamwork to our sports facilities, outdoor learning areas and performing arts theatres, our students feel comfortable and welcome within every corner of our school.
The student experience is a high priority for us, and our goal is to help develop the leaders of the next generation. However, we also believe that the family plays a central role in a student's overall success. This is why we encourage family involvement at nearly every level. From volunteer opportunities within the classroom to various community events where everyone is welcome, we love to get our parents on campus and involved in our activities.
Our Parents and Friends Committee (PFC) at OWIS is open to all our parents who want to stay involved in the school’s activities and events. It also gives parents an opportunity to share feedback with the school on a monthly basis and a great way for parents to get to know others within our community and take part of our mission here at OWIS.
Getting Your Children Prepared
Parents play a pivotal role in their child's experience at school. There are steps that you can take now to help get your child prepared for their time at OWIS. Here are a few tips that can help:
- Schedule a tour of the OWIS campus and attend the tour with your child. This is a unique opportunity for you and your child to be introduced to the campus together and to learn about the various facilities. Our future students often leave the tour feeling very excited about their new school!
- Review the student handbook together. Spend some quality time with your child going over the expectations of OWIS and help them learn about making good decisions while they are at school.
- Find a few activities to do together in school. Let your child know about where you can volunteer or when you can come to visit.
For more information about parent involvement at OWIS, contact us today.