Welcome to OWIS
One World International School is more than just a learning institution. While educating the next generation of leaders is our top priority, we want our students and families to know that we are a welcoming, diverse and inclusive community that strives to help all of its members make meaningful connections with one another. We have a team of world-class staff members who are passionate about education, and we are proud of the families who make up our student community. Our approach to education is distinctly different from many of the other schools in Singapore, and we invite you to learn more about what we have to offer.
What You Can Expect
At OWIS, you can expect to discover a learning environment that nurtures students and encourages them to grow into independent, skilled individuals who are ready to become leaders in a global economy. We take pride in the fact that our concept-driven curriculum focusses on:
- Generating open and honest discussion in the classroom. At OWIS, we want our students to become lifelong learners, and we know that can only be accomplished if they discover the joys of the learning process. Our curriculum is not designed for students to memorise data and reiterate facts. It is created to encourage discussion and develop critical thinking as well as problem-solving skills. For our students, the process happens organically due to our open concept classrooms. The classroom structure itself allows for open-ended discussion between the instructors and the students and helps students feel like a valued part of their school community.
- Providing students with an opportunity to work in a group setting. The students of today who want to become the leaders of tomorrow must learn to work effectively as a team, which is why there are many group learning opportunities at OWIS. From working as a group within the classroom to collaborating online using the latest technology, our students become familiar with working as a group in order to come up with innovative solutions that are needed in today's competitive global economy. Group learning allows them to learn to work effectively with people of different backgrounds and with unique ideas.
- Offering hands-on learning opportunities that focus on 21st-century skill development. Our curriculum often requires our students to be active participants in the learning process. They have access to the best technological resources available today, which helps them to become adept at using new and innovative devices in the classroom setting and beyond. We want our students to develop the 21st-century skills that are in high demand today, such as critical thinking, collaborative, communication and technological skills. We know that hands-on learning is the best way to develop and perfect these skills, which is why it remains at the forefront of all aspects of our curriculum programme.
OWIS accepts students of all nationalities between the ages of 3 and 18 throughout the entire academic year. We are proud of our multicultural environment, and we strive to create balanced classrooms across all grade levels. We want our students to interact with people who come from different countries, who speak different languages and who hail from different cultures.
We have intentionally designed our facilities so that students feel comfortable and confident throughout their entire school day. Some of the facilities at OWIS include:
- Open concept classrooms.
- Outdoor learning classrooms.
- Technologically-advanced resourcing.
- Recreational spaces.
- Performing arts facilities.