One World International School (OWIS) is an IB Primary Years Programme (PYP) World School and a Cambridge International School (CIE). Situated in the city of Singapore, the school has an enrolment of about 160 students (3 year old – 15 year old) taught by experienced teachers. The school is renowned for its individual approach to students and this is evident in the classrooms as well as in extracurricular activities and events.
We are now looking to fill the following position:
Teacher Assistant and Mandarin Teacher
One World International School, Singapore is a private, co-educational day school catering for students from Early Childhood 1 – Grade 9 (aged 3-15), following the IB PYP programme and the Cambridge International Examinations programme.
- Assist in the Early Years classrooms and teach Mandarin to Early Years
- Assist in the preparation of teaching resources
- Any other duties as required
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education preferred
- Cheerful, energetic and enjoy working with children
- Good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of written & spoken English and Mandarin
- Able to work independently
- Previous experience as a Teacher Assistant and Mandarin Teacher preferred
- To provide one-on-one English language lessons to students who need additional support in the acquisition of the English language
- To provide a report at the end of each term to keep parents informed of the students’ progress
- To work closely with the homeroom teacher to identify the needs of the students so as to design a programme to meet the identified needs
- Recognised degree in related field
- Preferably qualified as an ESL teacher with relevant teaching experience
- Take on classroom duties in the absence of the main classroom or subject specialist teacher
- Any other duties of the main teacher
- Recognised degree in education or related field
- Teaching experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with different age ranges of students
Must be available on short noticeIf you are a committed and passionate teacher, cheerful, adaptable and a lifelong learner, looking to teach enthusiastic students from over 30 nationalities, we invite you to submit your application to be considered for being part of our school.